SpaceBalls One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeLatest imagesLog in

Natural Selection 2 Map

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

Natural Selection 2 Map Empty
PostSubject: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:26 am

Below you will see a short video of a map I've been working on. For now I'm calling it ns2_infestation. It's for the game Natural Selection 2. This game isn't out yet. It's still in pre-alpha stages. The map editor is so awesome though. It's much more user friendly than the Hammer Editor. Now bare with me folks as I've only been working on this map for literally 2 days. I am excited though to show you guys what I've done so far and how it's shaping up with a short video showing off what I've done so far. Take into mind as well that this is basically just the starting location for the marines. So not even 5% of the map is done yet. Still learning it as I go, but it is incredibly fun for me right now. Enjoy!

P.S. This is my second attempt at making a map of any kind for any game, and I have zero level/art design training. So... be kind! Smile
Back to top Go down
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Here are some screenshots of my progress on the map I'm making.

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2013

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2014

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2015

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2016

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2017

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2018

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2012

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2019

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2020

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2021

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2022

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2023

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2024

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2026

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2027

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2029

Lots more to come! The map is coming along slow but steady. Hope you like what you see so far.
Back to top Go down
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Well after a little more than a week, I have some more progress to show off of my map. All pics to not represent the final look of the areas. They are still in quite rough drafts as I need to add in more of the details. Some areas I have changed up a little by adding some stuff or changing the lighting, etc.

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2048

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2030

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2031

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2032

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2034

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2035

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2036

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2037

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2038

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2039

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2040

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2041

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2042

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2043

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2044

Natural Selection 2 Map Ns2-2045

I will continue to update the progress of my map when I can. I hope it looks okay so far. Feel free to give feedback and any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
SchmoSalt

SchmoSalt

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:46 am

Looks really nice man, though I would have to play it to really judge it of course. xD

Do you know how much NS2 is going to cost? If it's $20 or less I'll probably get it, if not then I'm not so sure. I liked the first one but it can be really annoying if you have a bad commander.

Also, do you know what engine NS2 runs off of? From the looks of it I'm guessing it is UE3. Though, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://schmonet.com
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks man. Yeah it's not nearly done or anything. If I had to put a percentage on it then I'd probably say like 10%.

As for the price of the game... it is $20. You can preorder it right now and get access to the map editor and whatnot.

The game engine it runs off of is their own or as described like this...
"A game engine originally dubbed "Evolution" is being developed specifically for NS2. It has since been renamed "Spark". It is based on code written by Max McGuire, which was originally designed for loading Source engine media (the Source engine was originally the target for NS2 development).
NS2's game engine will utilize the Lua scripting language for game logic, allowing for easy expansion of the game's mechanics. Physics support is being provided by several third-party libraries, and will be part of the multi-player experience. The engine also is one of the few to use only dynamic light sources."

So yeah that's what I use for the map. It's much easier than Hammer if you ever used that. But so far the editor is in pre-alpha stage, as well as the game. I think it's going to be well worth the $20 when it is officially released.
Back to top Go down
SchmoSalt

SchmoSalt

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:34 am

Smeg]-[ead wrote:
NS2's game engine will utilize the Lua scripting language for game logic.

Damn... I hope they allow C++ binaries like HL/HL2 does then, because I would much rather be coding in C++ than LUA any day.

That is interesting though how they are making their own complete engine. Never heard of an indie developer make their own FPS engine. I think I'll wait until it's released on Steam to get it though.
Back to top Go down
http://schmonet.com
Goner of Gondor

Goner of Gondor

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 am

Looks awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Selection 2 Map   Natural Selection 2 Map Empty

Back to top Go down

Natural Selection 2 Map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SpaceBalls One :: Server Topics :: Maps-
Jump to: