SpaceBalls One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeLatest imagesLog in

Server Mod's and addons?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkdragon4862

Darkdragon4862

Server Mod's and addons? Empty
PostSubject: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Notice that all the servers u play on now a days always have mods or addons running on them and wanted to get a thread up on what kind our server should have or want?

A few i noticed people like to have is Being able to chose what character u get to play, seems to be pretty popular

not sure of a few other u might want like source radio, Quake sound effects and that kind but just wanted to start a thread to get some Question ideas Question and all Cool
Back to top Go down
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah we had source radio, quake, advertisements, and some plugins for admins use. We didn't really have too many. Sometimes the plugins cause crashes or lag the server up so I would have to trouble shoot each one usually. I know they had a character chooser plugin back in the day but it was mainly meant for another type of mod. If they made another one more easier to use then I'll check it out. I want to keep the server more on the vanilla side... meaning close to how the game is without any changes. So, we probably won't add in anything too dramatic. Probably be close to how it was back in the day. I might not add in the quake sounds this time around though or just have it off for everyone as the default setting. Also, I was thinking of maybe adding in a vote kick/ban, vote mute to the server. I think people like the idea of being able to take advantage of that if there isn't any admins to contact.

Feel free to make suggestions of things you've noticed that you felt were nice addons for a server, and as long as they won't change gameplay in a major way then I'll consider them.
Back to top Go down
mylollypants

mylollypants

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I think you should definately get the votekick/voteban votemute option. We also have a plugin called "curse", which at first was used to make the person whitey the following round. Now we are using it to make the player panic randomly. Useful for those idiots that gun horde and pick up ammo for guns they don't have.
Back to top Go down
Goner of Gondor

Goner of Gondor

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

The radio always made me lag and got me killed.
I'm for votemute but against voteban. Banning should remain an admin thing. I got banned from my favorite server by a buncha randome assholes [after SB1 went down] and it sucked big time.
Back to top Go down
WayL0st
Admin
WayL0st

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:17 am

Well we have vote mute and i think we have vote ban
Back to top Go down
Smeg]-[ead
Admin
Smeg]-[ead

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm

We have vote mute but not vote ban.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Mod's and addons?   Server Mod's and addons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Mod's and addons?
Page 1 of 1